3/05/2009

Kale Chips

Recipe from Kath Eats Real Food

(Sorry for the blurry pic, don't know why it did that.)
I wanted to make a simple, healthy side dish for the Chicken Salad pitas that we were having for dinner, and I've seen recipes for these Kale Chips floating around. So I thought I'd give them a shot.

J absolutely loved them - he immediately asked me to make them again. (No problem since there's tons leftover, and I have no clue how else to use Kale.)

I, on the other hand, am on the fence about them. Didn't love them, but didn't hate them. I'll definitely give them another shot.

Ingredients:
Kale
1-2 T olive oil
Salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Remove stems from leaves, then cut the leaves into about 2" pieces.

Lightly grease 2 cookie/baking sheets. Place the kale on the baking sheets so that they don't overlap. Sprinkle with olive oil, toss to coat, then fix the kale so it's one layer.

Sprinkle salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.

Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Check it at 10 to make sure it's crisping, but not burning. (Some of mine ended up burning.)

I served it with this Chicken Salad on a pita.

1 comments:

Anonymous

I use kale in soups a lot, like this entry in my blog, it's super yummy for soup!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667