4/06/2009

Crockpot Yogurt FAIL

Blah... I really wanted this to work. I used this recipe from A Year of Crockpotting. Everything seemed like it was going well, until I removed the towel the next morning to see it was still in complete liquid form. Thicker, but still liquid. Although it did definitely smell like yogurt.

Check the link for the full recipe, but the gist of it is that you add 1/2 gallon whole milk to a crockpot. Set on low for 2 1/2 hours. Unplug and leave it sit for 3 hours (don't remove cover.)

After 3 hours mix 2 cups of the warm milk with 1/2 c plain yogurt, then mix into the crockpot. Cover crockpot with a heavy towel and let it sit, still unplugged, for 8 hours.

When you remove the towel, you should have yogurt! Unlike me. :/

One of the cooking boards I frequent said the milk may have been too hot when I added the yogurt, so I'm going to try this again, but I'll check the temperature before adding the yogurt. It should be at 119 or lower.

I don't have any pictures or anything. It basically looked like milk. Not very exciting.

1 comments:

Anonymous

I think the variation in crockpots may also have made this recipe difficult. "Low setting" varies a lot from brand to brand!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667