4/15/2009

Laughing Cow Chicken

I've seen this on lots of blogs. I didn't really look at any recipes, just went by what I remembered.

This was delicious and so easy to make! J and I really liked it. It's the first time I've used Laughing Cow cheese. It has such a good, creamy texture. :)

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
2 wedges Lite Laughing Cow (I used garlic herb)
Italian seasoning
1/2 c Panko
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c flour - all-purpose
Salt & pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a square baking dish.

Slice the chicken breasts horizontally to create a pocket. Take a paper towel and thoroughly dry the chicken, both inside and out.

Take one wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and spread it on the inside of one chicken breast, then sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Repeat with other piece of chicken.

Place the egg in one bowl, the flour in another, and the Panko seasoned with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a third bowl.

Make sure the outside of the chicken is still dry - then dip each breast first into the flour, then egg, then the Panko mixture. Make sure you coat it thoroughly at each step.

Place chicken into the baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, until no longer pink.

I served this with Parmesan Risotto and cauliflower - I just boiled it in water seasoned with crushed garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.

2 comments:

Ellie

I love making this recipe - it's one of my hubby's favs!

What's Cookin Chicago

I love making this - so good!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667