4/15/2009

Parmesan Risotto

This is the second time I have attempted risotto. The first time I made this mushroom risotto. The taste was good, but the texture seemed off to me.

My second attempt was great! I cooked it in a wide, shallow saucepan, instead of a taller pot. I also didn't stir it quite as much. The texture seemed perfect this time, and J and I loved the taste!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup arborio rice
2-3 c chicken broth (I used about 2.5)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 T olive oil
1/4 c Parmesan, grated

Directions:
Heat the oil in the pan, then add the shallot over medium heat and cook until tender.

In a small saucepan, heat the chicken broth over low heat to a slow simmer.

Add the garlic and rice to the shallots - cook for a few minutes, until the rice begins to brown all over.

Add about 1 ladleful of the chicken broth. Stir often until the rice has soaked up all of the broth (this first ladleful will probably go quickly). Add in another ladle and continue this process until all broth is absorbed, or rice is as desired consistency. It should puff up and begin to look creamy.

Add the Parmesan cheese and mix it in well. Remove from heat and cover. Serve warm.

Risotto on Foodista

3 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Mmm - this looks awesome!

Netts Nook

Wow that looks tasty. Love the parm.

alisa@foodista.com

Yum! That looks really good!Hope you wont mind but I'd love to direct Foodista readers to your site, just add this little widget here and you're all set to go, Thanks!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667