5/01/2009

Italian Pesto Prosciutto Paninis

Mmmm... these were delicious! I am a huge sandwich lover - especially of paninis - and these didn't disappoint! :) I just decided to use these ingredients because they all seem to work really well together, and I had most of them on hand already. :)

I loved this basil pesto that I made the other night so much, that I decided to make another quick batch and use it for these paninis.

I'm really not going to give you ingredient measurements - it really just depends on your tastes.

Ingredients:
4 nice, thick slices Italian bread
Basil Pesto
Prosciutto (I used 2 slices per sandwich)
Mozzarella cheese, sliced
Tomato, sliced
Roasted red peppers, sliced into strips
Olive oil
Arugula, spinach or spring mix (I totally meant to put this on, and forgot until it was too late) :/

Directions:
Heat a cast iron skillet, regular skillet, or just use your panini maker. (I used cast iron)

Brush 1 side of each slice of bread with olive oil. Set your bottom slice on the skillet.

Spread pesto on the side up of the slice on the skillet - then top with prosciutto, tomato, red peppers, greens, and mozzarella cheese.

Place the top slice of bread, oil side up, on the top of the sandwich. Once the bottom is a nice, golden brown, flip. Cook until nicely browned and cheese is melted.

1 comments:

Colleen

I definitely don't make paninis enough - and I love the sweet potato fries along with them!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667