6/25/2009

Grilled Pesto Chicken Packets

Recipe from eatbetteramerica.com

Okay, I know you can't really see the chicken much in that picture, but I promise you it's there! :) I put on lots of veggies, so it got a bit buried.

This was really delicious. And it only took about 30 minutes start to finish. I added in some green onion (fresh from the garden) and I seasoned the chicken with some s&p. YUM!

Ingredients:
2 6 ou boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Roma tomatos, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 medium zucchini, 1/2 inch slices
2 small green onions, chopped
2 T basil pesto, or more to taste (I used about 1.5 T per packet)
Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.

Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper.

On a large piece of aluminum foil, layer on the chicken, tomatos, zucchini, onions and pesto. Fold the foil over the chicken and veggies, and roll the edges to seal. Leave a bit of extra space for circulation and expansion.

Cook on the grill for about 20 minutes, until juices in chicken run clear.

Enjoy! I served this with Orzo Salad with Mint & Feta.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Great idea using pesto and I love the no clean up factor!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667