6/16/2009

Sicilian Pasta

Recipe from eatbetteramerica.com

This pasta recipe was really good, very flavorful and a very quick and simple meal to throw together.

I made a few minor changes. First I used Rigatoni pasta instead of Fusili, because I already had Rigatoni on hand. I used roasted red pepper instead of a fresh bell pepper - I just like the taste a lot better, and I added in some mushrooms.

I cut the recipe in half, since it was only J and I eating.

I have a bunch of regular white pasta I need to use up (I bought a big package of it at Costco), but as soon as it's gone, I'll begin only buying whole wheat or whole grain, to keep recipes like this even healthier.

Ingredients:
2 cups pasta, uncooked (about 6 ou)
1/2 T olive oil
1/2 t dried basil (or 1/2 T fresh) - I used close to a full teaspoon
1/2 t pepper
1 c julienne carrots (I think I had enough for about 3/4 c)
About 1/4 c roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
1/2 can cannellini beans, rinsed
About 8 ou canned tomato sauce - I added in a bit more than this - maybe 10-11 ou
5-6 button muchrooms, halved and sliced
1/2 can artichoke hearts, quartered
Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, for serving

Directions:
Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.

Meanwhile, in 10 inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, then add the red pepper, pepper, carrots and basil. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the pasta, beans, tomato sauce, mushrooms, & artichoke hearts and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally until heated through.

Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

2 comments:

Anonymous

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Erica's Kitchen Adventures: Sicilian Pasta" to our Food Directory . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

foodnrecipes.info Team

http://www.foodnrecipes.info

What's Cookin Chicago

What a great pasta dish and I love all the use of veggies!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667