8/06/2009

Grilled Pork w/ Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella

This week I'm just using whatever we have in the house, which, honestly, isn't much. I'm really having trouble figuring out tonight's dinner, without taking the easy way out with pasta.

But, I digress. :) I had planned to make stuffed chicken last night, only to find that we only have 1 more chicken breast in the freezer. So, that was out. I did discover that we had two pork chops left. Perfect! They weren't thick enough to stuff, but I worked with it. :)
I've noticed I've been using the tomato, basil, mozzarella flavors a lot lately. I absolutely love this combination! And, our tomatos are turning, and I have lots of basil from our Aerogarden - mozzarella just seems to complete the trio.

This is a super easy and quick recipe. I served it with grilled zucchini spears seasoned with garlic pepper. YUM!

Ingredients:
2 pork chops
1 tomato, sliced
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
4-6 basil leaves
Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.

Season pork chops with salt & pepper and place on grill. Mine were only about 1/2 inch thick, so they only needed about 3-4 minutes/side.

Turn the pork chops and top with a layer of mozzerella, then basil and then tomato. Grill for about 3-4 more minutes, until pork is cooked through and cheese is melted.

Remove from grill and enjoy!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667