8/31/2009

Strawberry-Banana Green Monster

I am really liking these Green Monster smoothies.  You can check out my original Green Monster here. I have switched it up by replacing the protein powder with PB, and adding in some vanilla yogurt and halving the milk.  Today I decided to add some strawberries.

I thought this was great!  I just did milk and no yogurt today.  I think I'd like to try this with a vanilla or chocolate soy milk.  I forgot to pick some up this weekend.

This is such a quick, filling breakfast for me.  I can make it before I come into work each morning in about 5 minutes.  Quick is extremely important for me in the mornings.  I'm not much of a morning person, so I'm always rushing around to get out the door. :)

Ingredients:
2 handfuls baby spinach
1 c milk
1 T flax seed
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
4-5 strawberries, halved
1 banana
Ice


Directions:
Place all ingredients except for the ice into the blender.  Blend for about 1 minute until smooth.

Add the ice and use the ice crush setting to blend it into the smoothie.

Pour into your favorite glass or to-go cup, and enjoy!

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Mmm - I love those green monster smoothies too... and this looks like a great twist on it!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667