9/28/2009

Butternut Squash Fries

Recipe from LaaLoosh

I came across this recipe and thought it was another interesting way to use butternut squash - my 4th and final recipe using my Ingredient of the Month!



These were really good!  I just wish I could get them crispier.  It may just come down to keeping them under the broiler for a longer period of time.  I guess they could be dropped in a deep fryer, but I want to keep it healthy! :)


Ingredients:
1 small butternut squash
1 T kosher salt
1 T olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.

Peel and seed the squash and then cut it into french fry shapes - try to keep the size consistent as possible.

Drizzle with the olive oil - only enough to just coat, and then sprinkle with the salt.

Place fries in one layer on a baking sheet (coated with a light layer of cooking spray).

Cook for about 40-45 minutes, flipping once halfway through.  If they don't crisp - you may want to try the broiler.  Serve with ketchup - so good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667