9/10/2009

Caesar Salad

Recipe from FoodNetwork.com
 

I wanted a simple salad to go with the Butternut Squash Ravioli, and I came across this recipe for Caesar Salad that seemed good and easy. 

The croutons were delicious!!  J and I were both sneaking them as I prepared the rest of the meal. :)

The dressing was okay - way too much garlic.  I cut back from 6 cloves to 5 - but I'd probably go to 3.  It also helps to add more olive oil and pepper.  I didn't dislike it, but I've also had better.


Ingredients:
Dressing
6 (as I mentioned above, I'd take it down to 3 or 4 at the most) cloves garlic, mashed and minced
1 T Dijon mustard
1 T vinegar
2 T mayo
1/2 (I'd add in a bit more, taste as you go) c olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Juice (I did about 1 T)
Minced anchovy fillets (optional) - I skipped these

Directions:
Combine garlic, mustard, vinegar and a bit of salt in a food processor and mix thoroughly. Add mayo and blend to form a thick paste.  Slowly stream in olive oil.  Remove to a small bowl and add in lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.

Croutons:
1 baguette
3 T butter
1 t garlic powder
1 t paprika
1 t pepper

Directions:
Cut baguette into cubes.  Melt butter in a large saute pan and then season with the spices. Add bread cubes and toss well to coat with the butter mixture.  Saute until bread cubes brown on all sides.  Set to side to cool.

Salad:
Romaine lettuce
Fresh grated Parmesan
Croutons
Dressing

Directions:
Wash and dry lettuce.  Layer the lettuce, cheese and croutons and top with desired amount of dressing.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Too much garlic?! And here I thought there could never be too much garlic lol! I'll take your word for it and I hope to try this soon. I've been getting tired of vinaigrettes to dress my salads and I'm anxious to make something different!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667