9/15/2009

Rice Pudding

Recipe from Ellie Krieger


This is the first time J has ever had rice pudding, and maybe the second for me.  This was my first attempt at making it.

It tasted wonderful!! We both really loved this recipe.  I think it should have been a bit creamier.  My thought is because I halved the recipe, and it was so shallow in my saute pan, the liquid evaporated faster than it should have.  Plus - I completely forgot about drizzling on the sweetened condensed milk at the end... oops!!

But again... so good!! It's definitely something I would try to make again. :)

Ingredients:
2 c water
1 c arborio rice
3 c vanilla soy milk
1/4 c sugar
Pinch salt
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/3 t ground nutmeg
2 T sweetened condensed milk
Blueberries (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375.

Bring water to boil in a medium-sized, heavy, oven proof pan. 

Add rice, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until water is absorbed and rice is tender.

In a bowl mix soymilk, sugar and salt.  Once rice is cooked add the soymilk mixture and the cinnamon stick.

Cover and place in oven for 45 minutes.

Remove from oven and remove the cinnamon stick.  Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.  Liquid will continue to absorb into the rice as the pudding cools.

Serve warm or at room temperature.  Drizzle each serving with about 1 t of sweetened, condensed milk.  I also thawed some frozen blueberries and sprinkled them on each serving as well.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667