10/29/2009

Almond Crusted Pork Chops w/ Pumpkin Butter and Vanilla Rice

I really wanted to find a way to use my pumpkin butter in a savory dish. I came across this recipe on allrecipes.com that used Pecans.  I didn't have any pecans, plus I'm not a big fan anyway, so I used almonds.

I want to put it over a sweet rice that would blend well with the pork and pumpkin butter - so I decided to make some brown rice with vanilla, cinnamon and sweetened condensed milk.  I have to say I thought this was absolutely delicious!! I would definitely make it again. :)  I'm pretty sure J liked it as well.


Ingredients:
2 boneless pork chops
1 egg white, beaten
1/2 c panko bread crumbs
1/2 c sliced almonds
3-4 T olive oil
2 T pumpkin butter
1/2 c brown rice
1 t vanilla extract
1 cinnamon stick (or about 1/2 t cinnamon)
1-2 T sweetened condensed milk

Directions:
In a food processor, combine the panko and almonds.  Preheat the oil in a large skillet.

Place the egg white in one bowl, the almond/panko mixture in another.  Pat the pork chops completely dry and then coat with the egg white, then press into the almond/panko mixture to fully coat. Place into the skillet.  Cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked through.

Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package directions.  Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon (stick) at the beginning.  About 2 minutes before cooking time is over, mix in the sweetened condensed milk.  Allow to sit about 2 minutes after cooking time is over to thicken.

Place rice on a plate with the pork chop over it.  Spoon pumpkin butter over the pork chop.  So good!! :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667