10/29/2009

No Bake Protein Bars

I got this recipe from my friend, Bobby - I have no idea where it is originally from.  This is one of those recipes that can really be adapted to your personal tastes and preferences.  And I love that it's no bake! :)



This is my first attempt with this recipe, and I stuck pretty close to what Bobby sent me.  I think next time I'll cut back just a bit on the wet ingredients, but, otherwise, I thought these were really good!

If you make these, I'd love to know what changes you made, and what flavors you really like. Play around with the wet/dry increments to get a consistency that you like.

Ingredients:
1 c oats
1/2 c wheat germ (I used flax seed)
1/2 - 1 c protein (you can use any flavor, or powdered milk, coffee, cocoa powder or a combination)
1 c peanut butter (Bobby said chunky, but I used Natural creamy)
1 c dried fruit (I went with cranberries)
1/2-1 c unsweetened chocolate chips, or grate down a square or two of unsweetened baking chocolate (I did the baking chocolate)
1 c honey (or molasses, or half and half - maple syrup would probably work as well)

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients first, then peanut butter, then honey (or whatever you're choosing to use).  Mix well and place in a very lightly greased 9x9 (what I used) or 9x13 baking dish (depends on how you want to them to be).  Press down into the dish.  Refrigerate for a couple of hours to set. 

Cut to size and enjoy.  I just leave the whole dish in my refrigerator covered in plastic wrap and grab one when I want one.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667