11/19/2009

Kitchen Makeover Update

Last week I posted that we were going to be making over our kitchen.  I am so relieved that I can finally say that the painting is all done!!  J spent a whole day last week painting the walls, then we painted all weekend and after work on Monday and Tuesday.  (We painted the trim a different color and hated it, which is why it went into Monday and Tuesday.)

We decided to go with Venetian Stucco (that's the color, not actually stucco) on the walls, and Walnut Bark on the cabinets - both Glidden brand colors.


We're working on getting the hardware on the cabinets and drawers so we can put those back on the cabinets.

Friday J is off work, so he'll be putting in the new floor.  I'm really, really hoping we can get everything done by Sunday.  We still have to put in the new cabinets and sink, new disposal.  At some point we really need to get window treatments, but I doubt we get to that this week. We also have a new ceiling fan to install.  And then we need to get everything back into the kitchen - which will be a chore!  I didn't realize how much stuff we had in there until we had to take it all out.  We'll definitely be doing a bit of downsizing. :)

Not having a kitchen (at least not one that's actually put together) is driving me nuts!!  Our dining makes me cringe just thinking about.  I feel like it takes me at least twice as long to do anything because I have to go from the entryway (where the fridge is), to the dining, to the kitchen - and back and forth and back and forth.

3 more days... 3 more days...

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667