2/04/2010

Tex-Mex Pulled Pork

Recipe from allrecipes.com 


I realized that I haven't been using my crockpot much lately, so it was a nice change to come home to my house smelling delicious. :)  Of course, I completely forgot to put the pork into the crockpot and turn it on that morning, so I had to run home during lunch.  Luckily I'm not too far away.

I made pulled pork sandwiches with this recipe.  It makes a lot, so I plan to use the leftovers for quesadillas and tacos.  My only issue with this recipe is that the sauce ended up very runny. I would've liked it a bit thicker.  Maybe next time I'll use cornstarch or something at the end to thicken it up a bit.

Ingredients:
1 (8 ou) can tomato sauce
1 c bbq sauce
1 onion, chopped
2 (4 ou) cans green chilies
1/4 c chili powder
1 t ground cumin
1 t dried oregano
1/4 t ground cinnamon
2 1/2 lb pork loin roast (the original recipe called for boneless, but I had bone-in)
1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro (I used about 1/2 this.  I don't think a whole 1/2 c is necessary)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients except pork and cilantro in a medium bowl.  Please pork in slow cooker and pour mixture over the pork.

Cook on high for about 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.

Remove pork and shred. Stir cilantro into sauce, and then return shredded pork to sauce.  Serve as desired.

1 comments:

ashley

try some spicy pulled pork on Hawaiian rolls some time! they're so good! the spiciness of the pork with the sweet rolls is fab! one of my favorite ways to eat it! looks good!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667