2/04/2010

Tandoori Chicken

Recipe from allrecipes.com


This recipe is very similar to the Chicken Tikka Masala that I made last week, minus the sauce.  It definitely has a pretty good kick to it, so just be ready for it. :)

J and I definitely enjoyed this.  I've never been a big fan of spicy food, so I think he's really liking that I've been branching out more and experimenting with it.  I marinated the chicken overnight.  And I totally forgot to garnish it with the lemon and cilantro.  It looked so good and we just wanted to eat it. :)

Oh, and this said to add red and yellow food coloring.  But I skipped this part as I just didn't see a real point.  We care how it tastes, not how it looks. :)

Ingredients:
2 lb chicken, cut into pieces, boneless, skinless
1 t salt
1 lemon, juiced
1 1/4 c plain yogurt
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 t grated fresh ginger
2 t garam masala
1 t cayenne pepper
2 t chopped cilantro
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Directions:
Place chicken in a shallow dish and sprinkle both sides with salt and lemon juice.  Cover and refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes.

Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masal and cayenne.  Pour this mixture over the chicken and mix to fully coat.  Recover the dish and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, and up to 24.  The longer, the better.  (I let it marinate overnight.)

The original recipe called to grill the chicken, but it was too cold for me, so I baked it.  Cook it however is easiest for you until internal temperature reaches 160.

1 comments:

E-World Cooking world most popular food


to follow your steps I made it two times and get amazing taste,especially thanks for sharing Tandoori Chicken

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667