3/04/2010

Chicken Pesto Pasta

Recipe from Healthy Food Guide


I came across this website the other day and it has a lot of easy healthy recipes that I want to try out.  I decided on this because I like our weeknight meals to be quick and easy.  I actually cooked the chicken on Sunday, so all I had to do was cook the pasta and throw together the pesto.  It came together in under 15 minutes.

I thought this tasted really good!  It had a nice light lemon flavor to it. 

Use whole grain or whole wheat pasta to make it even healthier. :)

Ingredients:
1 lb penne or macaroni pasta
1 c fresh basil
1 1/2 c fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 c capers
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
2 T olive oil
2 c shredded cooked chicken breast

Directions:
Cook pasta until al dente.

In a food processor combine basil, parley, capers, lemon juice and olive oil and puree into a thick sauce.

Drain pasta, then toss well with pesto sauce and chicken. Serve immediately.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667