3/01/2010

Crash Hot Potatos

Recipe from The Pioneer Woman 


I've seen this recipe popping up a lot lately in my Google Reader, so I decided to give it a try as a side to Neely's Roast Beef. These didn't disappoint.  They were flavorful and had just a bit of crunch on the skin.  I also tried them with some of the gravy from the roast beef - delicious!

I'm not putting exact increments, because it's really all to taste.

Ingredients:
Whole new potatos (or whatever kind you want - I used Red)
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Pepper
Whatever herb you'd like (PW says to do fresh, but I didn't have any so I did dried rosemary.. still good!)

Directions:
Bring a pot of salted water to boiling and add the potatos.  Boil until fork tender.  This took about 35-40 minutes for me.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Remove potatos from water and place them on a baking sheet, with plenty of space between them.

With a potato masher (I don't have one, so I used a meat tenderizer), gently press down on each potato until it mashes slightly.  Rotate potato masher 90 degrees and mash again.

Generously brush or drizzle each potato with olive oil.  Season to taste with salt, pepper and herbs.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667