6/02/2010

Bacon & Egg Pasta

Recipe from Bran Appetit


I loved that this was not a typical pasta recipe.  And it was delicious! When I told Jeremy what I was making, he looked a bit skeptical, but he thought it was really good as well.  I loved the saltiness of the bacon with the creaminess of the eggs and cottage cheese. :)

I added red onion and edamame to the recipe just because I had them on hand and they sounded good. :)

Ingredients:
4 ou pasta
4-6 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 c thinly sliced red onion
1/2-1 c edamame
1/2 c cottage cheese
2 T Parmesan cheese
1 t crushed red pepper
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 eggs

Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.

Cook bacon and onion in a skillet until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Drain the bacon grease.  And cook the edamame as desired (mine was frozen in steamer bag so I just popped it in the microwave).

In a small skillet, cook 2 eggs as desired.

In a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, red pepper and salt and pepper.  Toss all ingredients, except eggs, with the cottage cheese mixture. Place one egg on top of each serving.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667