10/13/2010

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

Recipe from Senora Espanola


Wow... I have quite a few recipes to catch up on.  I'm sorry, I have no excuse for my slacker blogging... er, non-blogging.  But I promise from now on I will do better. :)  Cross my heart...

This was a super-easy soup for a weeknight meal.  In order to make it a little more hearty, I threw in a bit more chicken, noodles and mushrooms than the recipe calls for.  I also mixed some soy sauce into the soup for a bit more flavor.  It was a hit for both J and I, and I'd definitely make it again.  Now that the weather is cooling down, this will be a great recipe to add to my quick and easy weeknight meals.

Ingredients:
6 ou dry Chinese noodles
2 (14.5 ou) cans chicken broth
8 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2-3 green onions, sliced
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, chopped
2 eggs
1 T soy sauce

Directions:
Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.

In a medium/large stockpot, bring the chicken broth to a boil with the mushrooms, green onions and soy sauce..  Once boiling, add the chicken and crack eggs into broth - mix well.  Cook for about 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.  Serve over noodles.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667