10/28/2010

Pumpkin-Maple Granola

Recipe from Pink Parsley


I love granola.  It's healthy and a great snack!  This recipe was delicious with the pumpkin pie spices and maple mixture.

I used homemade pumpkin puree for this recipe, which is really simple to make.  Just roast some pumpkin and put it in your blender! :)

When I make granola, I do have some trouble knowing when to take it out of the oven, so this was just slightly overdone.  I've noticed it doesn't actually get crunchy in the oven, but begins to crunch as it cools. I think next time I may try to turn the temp down and cook it low and slow and maybe this will avoid overcooking.

I made a few changes from the original recipe, skipping the flax seeds, pepitas, raisins and figs.  I didn't have any on hand (not exactly sure what pepitas are), but it still tasted delicious!

Ingredients:
3/4 c pumpkin puree
1/2 c pure maple syrup
1/4 c canola oil
2 T honey
3 c old-fashioned oats
1/2 c whole almonds (I did almond slivers)
1/3 c sunflower seeds
2/3 c coconut
2 T cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 t ground ginger
1 t salt
1/2 c dried cranberries


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Mix the puree, syrup, oil and honey in a large bowl.  Add the remaining ingredients except the cranberries and mix well.

Pour mixture onto the baking sheet and spread out to uniform thickness.  Cook about 30-40 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes, until granola is golden brown and crispy.

Cool to room temperature and then mix in the cranberries.  Store in an airtight container.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667