10/27/2010

Roast Pork Tenderloin w/ Balsamic-Maple Sauce

Recipe from Katie's Cucina


I love maple.  I love balsamic.  So I figured this recipe had to be good! The tartness of the vinegar and the sweetness of the maple balanced each other out perfectly. 

The biggest problem, for me, was the time it took the pork to cook.  For some reason when I cook a pork roast or tenderloin in my oven, it takes another half the amount of time the recipe calls for.  I can't quite figure it out, as I have an oven thermometer so I know the temp is correct.  Oh well, at least the food was good!

Ingredients:
1 T canola oil
1 pork tenderloin
1 clove garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T tomato paste
3/4 c beef broth
1/8 t dried thyme
1/8 t salt
1/8 t pepper
2 t maple syrup
2 c cooked egg noodles

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 and heat oil in a large skillet.  Add pork to skillet and brown all sides.  Place pork in small roasting pan, reserving oil in pan. Roast pork for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, in the skillet add garlic and shallot and cook about 3 minutes. Pour in vinegar and scrape up any browned bits, then add paste, broth, thyme, salt, pepper and syrup. Boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.

Spoon half the sauce onto the pork and return pork to the oven until fully cooked. About 10-20 minutes. Thinly slice the pork and serve over egg noodles with extra sauce.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667