1/27/2011

Smoked Paprika Chicken w/ Red-Skinned Potatoes

Recipe from Cookin' Canuck


Wow, do I have a lot to catch up on!?!  I have been such a lazy blogger lately.  I need to get better about this ASAP!

First, I have to say that Jeremy made this meal.  I was actually sick during the first week of January, so he volunteered to do the cooking.  Then, that Wednesday the 5th was my birthday, so he cooked that night, and then decided to finish out the week! 

I was impressed!  I'd never seen him cook more than bacon and eggs, pasta or the occasional meat on the grill.  But he did a great job! :)

I really liked this meal. I've recently discovered smoked paprika and I absolutely love it! 

We had some fresh broccoli in the refrigerator that I wanted to use up before it went bad, so I had Jeremy add it to this dish.

Ingredients:
1/2 t and 1/4 t salt
1 T smoked paprika
2 T olive oil
1 t dried thyme
1/2 t pepper
4 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
1 lb red-skinned potatoes, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 head broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 c chicken broth

Directions:
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 t salt, paprika, 1 T olive oil, pepper, and thyme.  Rub onto chicken thighs.

In a large bowl, combine 1/4 t salt, potatoes, pepper, shallot, garlic and 1 T olive oil.

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potato mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add chicken broth, cover and simmer about 5 minutes.

Uncover and nestle the chicken into the potato mixture.  Cover and cook about 20 minutes (it took closer to 35-40 for ours to completely cook through).  About halfway through cooking, add the broccoli to the mixture.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667