7/21/2011

Butter Bean and Zucchini Triangles

Recipe Source


Wow - it's been awhile since I've posted anything other than a meal plan.  I just haven't had the motivation lately, I guess.  Maybe I just needed a blogging break. 

However, my garden has kicked into high gear in this past week.  And the one thing that we always (never fails) have an over-abundance of?  Zucchini!  With only two of us in the house, I'm always struggling to find different ways to use it, or begging my friends and family to take some off our hands!  I know there are so many ways that zucchini can be used.  So, this year, I'm going to try to explore them all. (Okay, maybe not all, but a lot!)

Yesterday I really wanted to find a different recipe for zucchini for dinner.  For some reason the fact that we had a can of butter beans was sticking in my mind, so I put the two together, and found this!  I guess this is basically like a quiche (though, TBH, I've never made or actually had quiche) without the pie crust.

J and I both thought it was very good.  And it was quite filling!  It's also very easy to make.  Just mix everything together, pour into a pie tin and bake!

Ingredients:
2 c grated zucchini (try to squeeze out as much water as you can)
1 small onion, finely diced (about 1/4-1/2 c)
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 c shredded cheese (I used colby and monterey jack)
1/2 c self-rising flour
3 eggs
2 T olive oil
1/4 t salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a pie pan or 9"x9" baking dish.

In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, onion, beans, cheese and flour.

In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil and salt.  Then pour your egg mixture into the zucchini mixture, and stir well.

Pour into your pie pan and cook for about 30 minutes, until top is lightly golden.  Cut into 8 triangles and enjoy!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667