8/12/2010

Curry Egg Salad Wraps

Recipe from Tasty Kitchen


Curry isn't something that I use much, maybe once, ever.  But I really like the flavor of it!  I had red curry powder in my spice cabinet, so that's what I used here.

I like the addition of the apple to give it a bit of crunch and sweetness, and the cayenne gives it just a hint of spice. 

I hard boiled the eggs for this on Sunday, then put together the egg salad on Wednesday for dinner.  It's nice to be able to do things in advance, so I have more time on the weeknights that isn't spent in the kitchen. :)

Ingredients:
12 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
1/2 c red onion, finely chopped
2/3 c mayonnaise
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 T curry powder
2 t whole grain or Dijon mustard
1/2 t salt
1/8 t cayenne

Whole wheat sandwich wraps
Tomato and/or lettuce

Directions:
In a large bowl, mix the egg, onion and apple.  In a small bowl mix the mayo, lime juice, curry, mustard, salt and cayenne.  Pour the mayo mixture into the eggs and gently stir to combine well.

Place the egg salad in your wrap, top with tomato and/or lettuce and roll up to eat!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667