8/13/2010

Paula Deen's Zucchini Bread

Recipe from Paula Deen


I love zucchini bread!  Especially when it's topped with cream cheese. :)

It's such an easy thing to make, and it's delicious!  Every year we get an abundance of zucchini, and this year is no different.  I've been throwing it into pastas, grilling it, sauteing it, and adding it to everything that I possibly can.

Yesterday I picked a huge zucchini from the garden.  I still had one and  half in the refrigerator, and there are 2 more about ready to be picked.  As you can see, I have a ton.

Zucchini bread is obviously a great way to use it up.  This recipe makes 2 loaves of bread, and I'll probably make some more this weekend.  I may make some muffins as well.

Do you have any interesting zucchini recipes that I can make?  Something that keeps well and uses a good amount of zucchini?

Ingredients:
3 1/4 c AP flour (I actually did 2 c AP and 1 1/4 c whole wheat)
1 1/2 t salt
1 t ground nutmeg
2 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
3 c sugar
1 c vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 c water
2 c grated zucchini (squeeze out as much of the water as you can)
1 t lemon juice
1 c chopped walnuts or pecans (I didn't have any of these on hand)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 and spray 2 loaf pans with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.  In a medium bowl mix together the oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice.

Pour the batter equally into the two loaf pans.  Cook in the preheated oven for one hour, until a tester comes out clean.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until well incorporated.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667