10/17/2008

Mmmmm... Crockpot Pot Roast


I looooove pot roast. I really love that I can throw a bunch of stuff in a crockpot, and come home from work with the house smelling delicious, and no work to dinner. :)

I tried things a little different than I usually do.

Ingredients:
About a 3-4 pound beef roast
1 lb beef stock
1 can cream of onion soup
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3-4 carrots, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
5-7 small spanish onions, peeled
About 1 T thyme
about 1 T cilantro
salt (I used kosher) and pepper
Flour (optional)

Directions:
Salt and pepper the pot roast to taste.

Pour the beef stock and cream of onion soup into the crock pot and whisk to get out the lumps.

Add your pot roast to the pot, then add the carrots and onion. Put in the thyme, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste, and add your crushed garlic cloves.

Set the crock pot on low and cook for about 8-9 hours or Set on high for about 4 hours.

Once I was about 1/2 hour from eating I added in some flour to thicken up the broth so it was more of a gravy.


In addition to the Pot Roast, I also made Roasted Red Potatos. Usually I put the potatos in with the beef, but I decided to try it this way, then cover them in the gravy from the roast.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667