12/19/2008

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

From Cooking This and That, originally from allrecipes.com.

This was really really good. Usually with fish I just throw on some seasoning and bake it. This was something different. I made J's with cod, as he doesn't like tilapia - but he thought it was good also.

Ingredients:
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
1/4 c butter, softened
3 T mayo (I'm wondering if plain yogurt could be substituted here without affecting taste too much - to make it healthier.)
2 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 t dried basil
1/4 t pepper
1/8 t onion powder
1/8 t celery salt (I used garlic salt)
2 lbs tilapia fillets (mine was definitely not 2 lbs worth - I could have and should have split the recipe in half)

Directions:
Preheat the broiler, and cover a broiling pan with aluminum foil.

In a small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese, mayo, butter and lemon juice and then season with the basil, pepper, onion powder and celery or garlic salt.

Arrange fillets on a prepared pan (I seasoned them with a little bit of salt & pepper) and place under the broiler, just inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets and broil the other side for 2-3 minutes.

Remove from over and spread each fillet with the Parmesan cheese mixture. Return to broiler for about 2 more minutes, until top is browned and fish flakes easily. Be careful not to overcook the fish.

I served this with zucchini that I cooked in the skillet with some onion, salt & pepper and (accidentally) mint (I thought it was rosemary, but it was still good). I added some Parmesan cheese at the end.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I love fish, especially tilapia! This looks like a great recipe and I like your suggestion of using yogurt in place of mayo

Colleen

This is one of our faves! I am so glad you liked it!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667