12/17/2008

Rosemary Orange Pork Chops

My sister sent me this recipe to try out. I think she got it out of one of her cookbooks.

It was really easy and quite good!

Ingredients:
zest and juice of 1 orange
3 tblsp brown sugar
1 cup chicken stock
2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves, leaves removed and chopped (I only had dried, so I used it)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
2 tblsp olive oil
2 1-inch thick pork chops
fresh flat-leaf parsley (no fresh, I sprinkled in some dried a few minutes before it was done cooking)

Directions:
Using a fairly deep skillet, brown the pork chops (season with S&P first) for 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet.

Combine the first 6 ingredients in the skillet and bring to a boil. Add pork chops back in. Lower heat and simmer until reduced by half. It took about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve!

4 comments:

Anonymous

Glad you liked it!

Anonymous

P.S. - it is a Rachael Ray recipe. :)

Colleen

This is a flavor combo I would not have thought of - looks great!

What's Cookin Chicago

What a great way to pair rosemary and orange! We love pork in our house so I'll have to try this soon!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667