12/11/2008

Spicy Chicken Sandwich w/ Cilantro Lime Mayo

I got this recipe here from the Cooking Light website. J and I both really liked it, and it was extremely simple to make.

I did make a few changes - I used Panko instead of Tortilla chips, and I baked instead of cooked in a skillet (this never seems to work for me). And I was too hungry to let it marinate for 2 plus hours, so I changed up the coating process a bit as well. Click the link above to see the original recipe. I'll post what I did below.

I cut the recipe in half for the mayo, since there are only 2 of us. But I did the full recipe for the chicken marinade.

Ingredients:
Mayo:
1/8 c reduced fat mayonnaise
1 T chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 t fresh lime juice
1/2 garlic clove, minced

Chicken:
2 eggs, beaten
3 T hot sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
1 t dried oregano
1/2 t salt
2 small chicken breasts, or one large cut in half
About 1 c Panko
Oil for preparing baking dish

Remaining Ingredients:
Your choice of toppings - I used tomato, onion and mozzarella cheese
2 sandwich rolls

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In a bowl mix the egg, hot sauce, oregano, and salt. Dump into a large ziplock bag and add your chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour.

In the meantime - combine all ingredients for the mayonnaise in a small bowl and place in refrigerator to allow tastes to blend.

Place the Panko in a bowl and prepare a baking dish with oil.

Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and place the first piece in the Panko. Press Panko to fully coat the chicken. Place on a plate and repeat with remaining piece.

Take the remaining marinade and pour over both sides of the chicken, then add another thin layer of Panko to both pieces. Place chicken into baking dish.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken, until juices run clear.

When the chicken is done - make your sandwiches with the rolls, mayo, chicken and your topping choices.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

I love that this is a Cooking Light recipe! This looks great and better than any McChicken! :)

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667