2/13/2009

Garlicky Spinach, Tomato Tortellini "Soup"

From Sweet Cheeks in the Kitchen.

YUM!! So good and super easy! I think it took a total of 15 minutes.

However, it wasn't quite as soupy as I had planned. I put in 13 ou of tortellini instead of 8, just because that's the size bag I had, so I decided to just throw it all in. It absorbed pretty much all of the broth (I should've thought to put more in), but it was still so good anyway!

Click the link above for the original recipe. I made a few minor changes, so I'll put what I did below. Just keep in mind if you're looking for soup, do either more broth or less tortellini. :)

Ingredients:
2 T EVOO
8 cloves garlic, minced
4 c chicken stock
Salt & pepper
Basil
Oregano
Cayenne Pepper
13 ou cheese tortellini
14 ou can diced tomatos
1 5 ou bag fresh baby spinach

Directions:
In a large stockpan, heat your oil and then add the garlic. Saute over med-high heat for about 2 minutes.

Add the chicken stock, and season to taste with salt & pepper, basil, oregano and cayenne. Bring to a boil then add the tortellini. If fresh, cook for about half the time it says on the directions.

Add the diced tomatos, with juice. Turn heat to low and simmer until pasta is tender.

Stir in fresh spinach and cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes.

Serve with some parmesan cheese and some crusty bread.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

This looks deliciously satisfying and hearty!

Colleen

Ooh YUM - I love making soups for lunches and this looks perfect!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667