3/18/2009

Mexican Stuffed Shells

Recipe from Tastes, Tales and Tours

These were so amazing! I really wasn't sure if I would like them or not when I started making them. But they were great, and J definitely raved about them!

I paired them up with a small simple side salad. I felt like the really needed something light to balance them out.

I loved her idea of adding in the black beans. I actually doubled her recipe because I wanted us to have leftovers for our lunches.

Ingredients:
About 20-25 Jumbo Shells (I think I used 22 in all)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
4 ou cream cheese
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c salsa
1 c taco sauce, red
About 1 c shredded cheese, I may have used a bit more (I used sharp cheddar and Colby & Monterrey jack)

Directions:
Cook your shells according to package directions until just al dente. When done, spread them out on a cookie sheet to cool, and to prevent sticking to one another.

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until no longer pink, and break up into small pieces. Add the taco seasoning by following the directions on the package. (I believe it's 2/3 c water with the seasoning - and cook 3-4 minutes until water is absorbed.)

Add the cream cheese and mix until melted and well blended. Add the black beans and mix in for about a minute or two more.

Remove meat mixture from heat and cool.

Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by coating the bottom with salsa and preheat oven to 350.

Begin to stuff the shells by using about 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of meat mixture per shell. Place them in the dish open side up. Continue until you have used all of the ground beef mixture.

Pour the taco sauce over the shells. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.

Remove dish from oven and remove foil. Sprinkle on desired amount of cheese and bake for about 15 minutes longer, until cheese is melted and begins to brown.

2 comments:

Macaroni and Cheesecake

Those look awesome!!

Krystal R

Looks great, I love stuffed shells!!! They are my childhood fave meal when my mom had me in charge of making dinner for everyone.

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667