6/09/2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers

Recipe from Lauren's Kitchen - originally from Rachel Ray

These burgers had a really great flavor to them. I really love using chicken and turkey for our burgers, and J doesn't seem to mind at all either. I served these with Sweet Potato Thins.

As Lauren did, I used Swiss cheese instead of mozzarella, and I used ham instead of bacon. I also only used 1/2 pound of chicken to make 2 burgers. I think a 1/2 lb burger is too much. And, finally, I didn't have any shallot, so I used green onion.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground chicken breast
2 slices ham
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t poultry seasoning
1/2 t grill seasoning such as Montreal Steak
1 green onion, finely chopped
2 slices Swiss cheese
1/3 c mayo
1 T Dijon mustard
3/4 T fresh tarragon, chopped (I didn't have any so I used fresh Cilantro)
2 rolls or buns
1 small tomato, sliced

Directions:
In a small bowl mix the mustard, mayo and tarragon and place in the refrigerator to allow flavors to blend.

Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grease the rack with oil or cooking spray.

In a medium bowl mix the chicken, paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning and green onion. Form into 2 equal sized patties.

Place on grill and cook about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. When just about ready to pull from the grill, place one Swiss cheese slice on each patty, close grill cover and allow to melt. This will only take about 30 seconds.

Meanwhile, place the ham in a skillet over low heat just to warm it.

Place the patties on the bun, top with ham and tomato. Spread the mayo mixture onto the top half of the bun. Put the top in place, and enjoy!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667