6/11/2009

French Onion Turkey Burgers

Recipe from The Rookie Chef

These were great - very flavorful and extremely simple to throw together. I put these on a whole wheat bun with some tomato, red onion and mustard/mayo mixture. And I served them with this incredibly delicious Avocado Tomato Salad. :)

I only made 2 burgers, so I only used 1/2 lb of meat. I have adjusted the ingredients accordingly. I think I may have put just a bit too much French Onion Dip into the mix - but that's because I didn't really measure, just eye-balled it. The burgers were just staying together. But still tasty! :)

The original recipe uses beef, but I substituted turkey to make it a bit healthier.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground turkey
1/4 envelope french onion soup mix
2 ou french onion dip
1/8 c bread crumbs
Pepper, to taste
Buns and whatever toppings you want

Directions:
Preheat grill on medium-high heat.

In a small bowl mix together the turkey, onion soup mix, onion dip, bread crumbs and pepper. Form into 2 patties.

Place patties on grill for about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.

Remove from grill and build burgers with your desired toppings. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Molly Jean

Wow, we made identical burgers. Well, except that I used beef instead of turkey. Yum.

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667