6/02/2009

Pork Chops w/ Shallots and Sage

Recipe from Le Petit Pierogi

When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make. I absolutely love sage, and I don't use it nearly often enough. I love the flavors used in this recipe... wine, sage, thyme, garlic. So good!

This was so simple to make - perfect for a weeknight meal. It probably took me about 20 minutes prep to finish.

The only change I made to this from the original is in cooking the pork. Instead of cooking it fully in the pan, removing it, then making the sauce... I actually just browned it in the pan, removed it, made the sauce and then placed the pork back into the pan and cooked it fully in the sauce. I think this keeps the pork nice and moist, and gives it a bit more flavor than just coating it with the sauce at the end (which I did as well).

I only made 2 pork chops, but I pretty much kept the ingredient amounts about the same.

Ingredients:
2 boneless pork chops
Salt and pepper
2 T AP flour
1 T olive oil
1 T butter
1 shallot, minced
1/4 t dried sage (I probably used closer to 1 t)
1/4 t dried thyme
1/2 c dry white wine
1/4 c chicken stock
1 clove garlic, minced

Directions:
In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil and butter. Meanwhile, salt and pepper the pork to taste and dust with flour.

Add the pork to the saucepan and brown on both sides, then remove it from the pan.

Add the garlic and shallot and allow them to saute over medium heat for about 1 minute, until tender. Then add the wine, stock, thyme and sage. Mix together and bring to a simmer, then place the pork chops back into the saucepan.

Cover and cook over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches about 160 degrees.

Serve pork with some of the shallot/sage sauce ladled over it.

1 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago

Oooh - using sage in this looks delicious!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667