8/26/2009

Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad

Recipe from about.com 


We have a ton of cooked, shredded chicken to use up both from our freezer mishap last week, and from our whole rotisserie chicken this week.

I came across this recipe for Chicken Pesto Pasta - it sounded good and easy - and it was!

I made the pesto myself, instead of buying store-bought (I made that mistake once, never again). Since there are only 2 of us eating, I cut the recipe in half, but we still had A LOT of leftovers.

I skipped the peas and peppers, since they're not exactly favorite veggies of mine.  And I skipped the mayo and just doubled the yogurt - to make it healthier.

Ingredients:
8 ou pasta (I used shells)
5 ou pesto
1 c (about 10 ou) frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
1 T lemon juice
1 c plain yogurt
1/8 c milk
6 ou shredded chicken, cooked
1/2 pint grape tomatos, halved
1/2 c cashew halves

Directions:
Cook pasta according package directions.

Combine pesto, spinach and lemon in a food processor until well blended.

In a large bowl mix the pesto mixture, yogurt and milk and whisk until combined.  Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.

The recipe says to refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, but we just ate it right away and it was good that way.  We haven't tried the leftovers yet, so I can't tell you if it's better cold.  I'll probably be having that tomorrow, so I'll update you!

1 comments:

Colleen

I love any pasta salad and these are fabulous flavors for it!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667