8/20/2009

Crab & Avocado Salad

Recipe from LaaLoosh

I was looking for a light, easy recipe for dinner last night. I found this crab and avocado salad and it fit the bill!

This tasted great - although I wish I could've used fresh crab. Ahhh... if only I lived on the coast.

I changed the quantities a bit from the original to make it suit my tastes a bit better.

Ingredients:
1 Avocado, peeled and diced
6 ou lump crab meat
3-4 roma tomatos, chopped
1 T red onion, finely chopped (I'm guilty of always adding too much and over-powering the dish, so this was a good amount for me)
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 T chopped cilantro
1 t olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix the crab, tomatos, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt & pepper in a medium bowl and toss to mix.

Carefully mix in the avocado - be careful not to mash it.

Serve at room temp.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667