10/29/2009

Crockpot Pumpkin Butter & Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Recipe from Adventures in my Freezer
  



Delicious!!  I made this pumpkin butter while I made the apple butter, and it turned out sooooo good!  I have been spreading it on these Cinnamon Butternut Squash Muffins - the combination is perfect!  I'm going to have to make more muffins. :) 

I also used it to make a very good pumpkin spice latte (recipe below), and pork chops over rice.

This is a really simple recipe where you just throw everything in the crockpot and let it go.  I'm sure it could be very easily adapted to using the stovetop as well.

Pumpkin Butter
Ingredients:
1 large can pumpkin puree
1 T pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves - I just combined these to about 1 T)
1 1/2 c sugar

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in the crockpot.  Set on high until the mixture begins to boil.  Turn to low for about 1-2 hours.  Spoon into jars, and freeze what you don't plan to use right away.

Note: The USDA recommends that you do not can pumpkin butter (or any type of pureed squash or pumpkin) for various safety reasons.  I saw this cited on quite a few websites, so a quick google search can give you specific reasons.

Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ingredients:
1 mug milk with 1 t instant coffee OR 1/2 milk and 1/2 strong coffee
1 t vanilla extract
1 T (or more if desired) pumpkin butter


I threw in a cinnamon stick to make it fancy. :p  If only I had some of that whipped cream that they put on top at Starbucks. :)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a mug and microwave until hot.  Stir well and enjoy!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667