10/07/2009

Shell Casserole

Recipe from Fix It and Forget It Cookbook



I picked up this Cookbook the other day from Bed Bath & Beyond because I love my slow cooker!  Really love it! :)  And I'm always on the lookout for new recipes to use it.

This cookbook tons of recipes in any of the main categories you can think of.  The downside?  No pictures.  I do love to see what it's supposed to look like. 

But - so far I've tried 2 recipes from this book, both have been good!  Both were very simple because I was trying to keep less work for me.  :) 

There are a lot of very similar recipes. It seems to be a compilation book of recipes they've gathered from slow-cooker users.  But it is interesting how people use different ingredients for similar dishes.

I made this when my Dad was over helping J and I put in new exterior doors on the house.  All 3 of us thought it was really good.  It's definitely a comfort food type dish.  I served it with Caesar Salad and french bread.  This is not a 'gone all day' recipe.  It's more for a busy day when you're mostly at home or gone for a short period of time.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
Small onion, chopped
3/4 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c flour
1 1/4 c hot water
2 t beef bouillon granules (I just used 2 cubes)
2 T red wine
6 ou medium sized shell pasta
4 ou sliced mushrooms
1 c sour cream

Directions:
Brown beef with onion in a skillet.  Drain and add to slow cooker.

Add salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire and flour and mix.  Add the water, beef bouillon and wine and mix well.

Cover and set on low for 2-3 hours.

Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.  Stir pasta, mushrooms and sour cream in to the crockpot, cover, turn to High and cook for about 15 more minutes.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667