11/11/2009

Maple Spring Chicken

Recipe from buffummaple.com

This is the second recipe featuring my Ingredient of the Month: Maple Syrup!



I absolutely loved this recipe!  This was so delicious and so incredibly easy to make.  I wish I could say it's healthy, but, since it used a stick of butter, that would be a lie. :p

I'm going to tag this as Quick and Easy - because, while it takes an hour to cook, it literally took me about 5 minutes to throw it together. :)


The recipe called for 2.5-3 lbs chicken pieces, or equivalent chicken breasts, but I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I had in my freezer.  I think the more flavorful dark meat worked really well with the maple flavor. Also - I didn't have any almonds, so I substituted pine nuts - which I think worked quite well.

I had also planned to add some carrots to the recipe, but I apparently used them all in my Tangy Slow Cooker Pork the other day.  But I think they'd be a really great addition. 

Serve this over brown rice - it's delicious!!

Ingredients:
2.5-3 lbs chicken (whole chicken (cut up), breasts or thighs)
1/2 t lemon zest
2 t lemon juice
Dash of pepper
1/2 c (one stick) butter, melted
1/2 c pure Maple Syrup
1/2 t salt (optional)
1/4 c chopped almonds (I didn't have any, so I used pine nuts)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish and place the chicken evenly throughout the dish.

Mix the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the chicken.  Cook for 50-60 minutes, until chicken is cooked through - basting occasionaly.

Serve over brown rice.

1 comments:

vincent

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667