11/11/2009

Maple Spring Chicken

Recipe from buffummaple.com

This is the second recipe featuring my Ingredient of the Month: Maple Syrup!



I absolutely loved this recipe!  This was so delicious and so incredibly easy to make.  I wish I could say it's healthy, but, since it used a stick of butter, that would be a lie. :p

I'm going to tag this as Quick and Easy - because, while it takes an hour to cook, it literally took me about 5 minutes to throw it together. :)


The recipe called for 2.5-3 lbs chicken pieces, or equivalent chicken breasts, but I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs that I had in my freezer.  I think the more flavorful dark meat worked really well with the maple flavor. Also - I didn't have any almonds, so I substituted pine nuts - which I think worked quite well.

I had also planned to add some carrots to the recipe, but I apparently used them all in my Tangy Slow Cooker Pork the other day.  But I think they'd be a really great addition. 

Serve this over brown rice - it's delicious!!

Ingredients:
2.5-3 lbs chicken (whole chicken (cut up), breasts or thighs)
1/2 t lemon zest
2 t lemon juice
Dash of pepper
1/2 c (one stick) butter, melted
1/2 c pure Maple Syrup
1/2 t salt (optional)
1/4 c chopped almonds (I didn't have any, so I used pine nuts)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish and place the chicken evenly throughout the dish.

Mix the remaining ingredients and pour evenly over the chicken.  Cook for 50-60 minutes, until chicken is cooked through - basting occasionaly.

Serve over brown rice.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667