2/13/2009

These Really are From Heaven

From Amber's Delectable Delights

First - I'd like to thank Amber, from Amber's Delectable Delights, for leaving me a tip in my English Muffin Bread post about getting breads to rise correctly in my cold kitchen.

She said to put the dough in the oven with a pan of boiling water underneath. It worked amazingly!! So thank you so much!! I will definitely be using this method from now one.

Now on to these Garlic Knots (from Heaven). :p These were amazing!! And they smell so good!

I actually cut the recipe in half to make 4 pretty good sized knots. These rise a lot! On the second rise they probably about doubled in size.

Although these are probably amazing fresh out of the oven (and, trust me, I was tempted) I made these a day in advance, because I wasn't going to have time the next day. I just reheated in the toaster oven.

Ingredients:
3 c bread flour
1/4 c milk
1 T sugar
2 t instant yeast
1 1/4 t salt
2 T olive oil
1 c and 2 T lukewarm water

Glaze:
2-4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 T butter, melted
Optional: 1/4 t pizza or Italian seasoning (I didn't use this, this time.)

Directions:
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix to combine.

Add the milk, oil and water. Use the paddle attachment or dough hook and mix and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, adding flour or water as needed.

Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover. Let rise for about 1 hour, until dough is doubled in size.

Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Roll each into a rope about 10 inches long and tie each rope into a knot. (See Amber's blog, linked above, for specific instructions.)

Place the knots onto a parchment lined or lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and allow to rise for about 45 minutes, until dough is puffy looking.

Preheat oven to 350, and bake for 15-18 minutes. Until only very lightly browned.

Make the glaze by chopping the garlic in a food processor with the melted butter. (Okay, I just minced the garlic, then mixed together with the butter, so the garlic is a bit chunky. But it was still good!)

Remove knots from oven, and brush with the glaze.

Mmmm... so good!!

1 comments:

ShoeFanatic614

O.M.G. These were amazing! It was my very first attempt at homemade bread and was very successful!

  © Blogger template 'SimpleBlue' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/apeasantsfeast?AFFID=37667